Sunday

Philobiblon

An anniversary note

Having just reached the 10th weekly "femmes fatales" post, I thought I'd briefly reflect on the project.


Several posters have questioned the project of singling out women bloggers. On that I'm utterly unapologetic. Every new article I read about bloggers that mentions only men, (and perhaps adds a patronising note about "mommy bloggers"), not to mention the endless "where are all the women bloggers?" questions, make me think it is a good idea.


I set out aiming not to mention anyone more than once in the first ten collections, so I have now collected 100 women bloggers. Anyone who finds themself asking THE question could browse down the list below, and they'll find women blogging on politics, science, history, philosophy, as well as more personal topics (not of course that those can't also be emininently political).


Please be sure to hop over for her list of women bloggers!

Technorati Tag: women

No comments: