Saturday

bitter girl

Y'know what's a good sign?

When you stop taking attacks on the things you do so personally. For example: I recently taught a class where someone decided to complain on her course evaluation form that I talked too much about my "book and personal achievements" during the class. Now, they averaged out the evaluations and lumped together the comments from two classes I did, so I can't tell which one generated that comment, but I do know that one student specifically asked me how the book came about and how I ended up doing what I do. You can't please everyone, can you? By answering her question, I might have inadvertently annoyed one of the other students. (I was brief about it; these students were roughly 30 years older than my book's target demographic!)


Technorati Tag:

No comments: