Friday

Chasing Ovulation

Elle Dee's post yesterday highlights her current stress level trying to conceive. As her tagline reads, she is a 30-something lesbian with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and is trying to have a baby.
We inseminated on Sunday, but my fertility monitor has read only moderate fertility every day since. We were suppose to try again yesterday, but with that moderate fertility rating, we decided to postpone one more day. I have accupuncture tomorrow, so I'm hoping that will jump start my ovulation. I'm guess that the combination of pressures - trying to conceive while simultaneously starting back to school - are what's throwing my cycle out of wack.

PCOS is the most common endocrine disorder that affects 1 in 10 women. While there is no cure, the symptoms can be managed. Soul Cysters is a website that provides support and information to women who are experiencing this disorder.

My heart goes out to Elle Dea and her pursuit to have a child. Don't get disheartened; my best friend just had a baby, and she had PCOS. I'm thinking fertile thoughts for you.

Technorati Tag: fertility

No comments: