Sunday

Letter to Kevin and Pauline, Bilingual Kiwi Kids in France

Nocturnal Earthshaking Belly Laughs

For some strange reason, in the middle of the night, I dreamed of someone telling me that terrible old joke:


Q: How do you become a Olympic medal-winning athletics champion?
A: You sit in the bath until you're Dick Quax...



I started to laugh silently, so as not to wake French Hubby, but the effect of the belly laugh straining to escaped my clamped shut mouth produced vibrations strong enough to make the bed shake. The more I tried to stop, the harder I laughed, and the more the bed shook. French Hubby eventually woke up with a start and wanted to know what was happening. He's really miffed that the pun simply cannot be translated into French.


Oh, it's lovely to be self-sufficient in the entertainment department!


Technorati Tag:

No comments: