Friday

Survey Examines Relationship Between Healthcare Costs and Lesbian Health

Survey Examines Relationship Between Healthcare Costs and Lesbian Health:

When Melissa Etheridge appeared bald at the Grammys, lesbian health advocates raved about how Melissa managed to connect the words "lesbian" and "cancer" in mainstream media. It was suggested that Melissa Etheridge accomplished something that lesbian health advocates had been trying to do for years. It was my opinion that Melissa was able to reach so many women because her actions crossed socio-economic boundaries -- something lesbian health advocates haven't quite figured out how to do. It's always been my opinion that lesbian activism is very much restricted to academia and upper-middle class to upper class women. One reader, a self-identified Mautner volunteer, was insulted by my opinion. She suggested I was ill-informed.

Am I?


by SistersTalk


Technorati Tags: women; breast cancer; lesbian health

No comments: